Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Monday, February 2, 2009

Keep on rollin, rollin, rollin

So the day has finally come and gone. We've been married for 17 days, which seems like it was both a long time ago and like it was yesterday. How is that possible? It's been a rush though, trying to get back into the swing of normal and wrapping up all the loose ends. We'll get a bunch of our pictures from the wedding up on here soon though, and Stephen Aldridge has a great video we can post soon too. There's a long list of thank-you's to write, and Tiffany is outdoing me by far on that one...

School is super busy right now, as I'm in the middle of my preview to finals week as I've been calling it. Every single one of my classes this semester (all 5 of them) have a midterm scheduled this week. Needless to say, I can't wait for the weekend!

Random thought for the day: I'm thoroughly enjoying the BYU married ward that we're in. There are some really funny habits this ward has, and I'll just give you a little insight to one of them. Right after Sunday School, all the guys drop off their wives to Relief Society. Then, as soon as Priesthood ends the guys gather outside the Relief Society room and begin to chat fairly loudly to notify the wives that church is now over and it is time to leave. Best of all, the next part is like a game. Each husband waits and hopes that his wife will be the first out the door. As the first wife steps out, her husband swoops in with a smirk on his face (gloating at all the other guys) and rushes her out the building to break their fast. I really just had to laugh. Just so you know, I finished second. That's right- beginner's luck.

P.S. if you think you have it rough when Valentine's Day (Single's Awareness day to others) rolls around, I want you to think about my new Elder's Quorum President. His wife's birthday is the 13th, Valentine's the 14th, and they were married on the 15th. That man had better be on his game during that weekend, or it's going to be a rough 2009.

No comments: