Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ah, what a sweet husband!!

I think Valentine's day needs to be on a Saturday every year!! Isn't it a great idea to have the entire day to celebrate however you want instead of going through your normal activities of work or school all day? Paul was in charge of our activities and he did an amazing job of planning the perfect day!! First, we didn't set our alarms in the morning and it was such an incredible feeling to wake up when we weren't tired anymore!! When I walked into the bathroom the mirror was covered with a big sign that said: "I love everything about you" and then had little sticky notes with individual things that Paul loves about me. It's still up- i definitely prefer seeing that instead of seeing myself early in the morning!!

He then made me stay in our bathroom and get ready while he was doing something in the kitchen/living room. He was finally finished and I was able to see what he had been working so hard at: he set our kitchen table with our china and roses and made the best breakfast ever of crepes and fruit!

We didn't think to take a picture with all of the yummy food but here is a messy one after we were done eating:

Paul gave me a basket with the my favorite candybars, No Reservations, vanilla lotion, a funny dancing lion, and other cute things. He had typed up our schedule for the day which consisted of being sung to by my brother's cute Valentunes group, running some fun errands, going to eat at our favorite Thai restaurant, playing Life which we have wanted to do since the wedding, watching No Reservations, and making Valentine cookies. We were very proud of our frosting abilities!!


It was the perfect day and I'm so grateful to have such an amazing husband!




2 comments:

Grossarths said...

Oh, that does sound like an amazing day. I'm glad your first Valentines as a married couple was fun!

Kimberly said...

It looks like you guys had an amazing day!!! How fun!