Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Friday, October 4, 2013

Trevor turned 2

Trevor turned 2 on Tuesday, Oct 1st. I can't believe my sweet little boy is so grown up!! We started talking about his party weeks before. I was going to do Mickey Mouse because it sounded pretty easy, but Trevor is obsessed with Peter Pan and it soon became clear that I needed to go with that for the theme! We celebrated on Sunday with Jared & Allison and Kjerstin- they all live in Glendale which is about an hour away and it was so sweet of them to come down. Paul helped me make a Neverland Cake- I searched for any Peter Pan characters but couldn't find any, so I just printed off a picture and they were flying over Neverland. 
I had to laugh because both kids were extremely grumpy right before we started the little party. It made me wonder for a second why I go to so much effort for events like this, but I quickly forgot that thought and enjoyed their excitement when they were a little happier. 
 Trevor was pretty excited to open his presents but we managed to snap one family picture. Trevor got a little basketball hoop and race car track from Nana & Papa and he has been playing with both constantly all week.
 The group shot:

Sweet Kjerstin made Trevor a road out of felt that he can put together and then drive cars on. There are also little stops like a car wash, hospital, house. So darling!!
 For dinner we had blue jello (water) with cantaloupe boats on top, rice with meatballs (clouds with cannon balls- like when Captain Hook tries to shoot Peter and the cannon ball goes thru the cloud), and squash (gold pirate coins).

 Trevor had a hard time blowing out his candles so he tried to grab the fire with his hands- silly boy.
 Paul and the kids made a "Feed the crocodile" game. We invited a family from our ward over and all of the kids loved throwing the balls in his mouth.
A few days before the party it was talk like a pirate day so we did pirate things all day- we had pirate food for lunch and dinner, went on a treasure hunt, danced to pirate music. I love when my kids get so excited about something- it makes all of the effort worth it.



 They found the treasure chest with chocolate coins- Lyla's showing us her hook and pirate face.
Trevor is such a sweet little boy and I love his frequent snuggles. He says more and more words each day, loves using his imagination with Lyla to run away from the wolves and bad guys, or "sneak" up to Paul while saying "tiptoe...tiptoe" and tickle him, or run around the house with Woody on his shoulders like Andy carries him in the movie. He is still an awesome sleeper- he takes 2-3 hour naps and then sleeps 12 hours at night. He's a fairly picky eater but loves a few things like lasagna. His stats are:
Weight: 26 lbs (25%)
Height: 34 in (50%)

I love my sweet boy and can't wait to see what another year brings for him!

1 comment:

Amber B said...

Tiff - you are too cute. I'm glad you guys are settling in! Hope school and everything is going well!