Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cute Lyla sayings

I realized that I better record some of the cute & funny things that Lyla says because otherwise I'll forget them. Here are some things that she's been saying lately:
-When it snows she'll look out the window at how white it all looks and say "Let's go wash it off"
-A nickname I sometimes use is Lyla-boo and she's adopted that for the rest of us- we are now Trevor-boo, Daddy-boo, and Mommy-boo. It's so hilarious the way she says it, she'll be completely serious and say something like "Mommy, I'm sad because I wanted to help sing to Trevor-boo" or my favorite is when she's mad and screaming at me like "Mommy-boo I want marshmallows!" It's nice in these situations because she makes me smile instead of me getting frustrated that she's yelling at me.
-Lyla wears dresses everyday and several times a day I catch her looking in the mirror and saying "Lyla's so pretty!" She also often says "mommy's so pretty" and gets out of any trouble she's in.
-Another nickname I sometimes use is "suzie" because for some reason my mom used to call us that when we were younger. She has a friend named Suzie so whenever I call her that, she says "Not Suzie, name's Lyla"
I love going to Zumba classes and sometimes I take Lyla with me. She gets so excited and says "we're going to umza!"
When she sees her friends' moms, she'll say: "There's mommy's Allie" or "mommy's Mercedez"
Anytime I ask her why she did something she laughs and says: "Cuz I'm being silly"
For some reason Lyla has started saying "Trevor's little, Lyla's little, daddy's little, and mommy's big!" I have no idea where that came from, but apparently I'm the fat one in the family! :) Paul caught it on camera:



-The other night she was taking a bath and she got a shy look on her face, then looked up at me and said "Mom, I just don't deserve you!"

- On Sundays, she wakes up so excited for church and to see her friends. All morning she says "Let's go to church so I can see my kids."

- We were at a restaurant and she looked outside and saw the trees blowing in the wind. She turned to me and said "Look Mom! The trees are dancing!"

- Lyla is always talking about being a big girl and if we say something like "you're such a sweet girl" then she'll correct us by saying "no, I'm a big girl!" The other day she started asking me to carry her so I reminded her that she's a big girl. She quickly responded "no, I'm little!"

-

I'm sure i'll be adding more to the list- she's constantly making me laugh with the funny and cute things she says and does. Sure love her!

3 comments:

Katie said...

The one about everyone being little and you being big made me laugh out loud. You definitely are NOT big!!

I loved all her quotes. She sounds so cute!

Kelsey said...

Bahahaha! That video was hilarious. Lucy says similar things.

Candace said...

That video is cute. It's funny the kids come up with to say. We miss you guys. Hope everything is going well!