Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Saturday, December 11, 2010

One year birthday!!

I can't believe my baby is already one year old! We celebrated her birthday last sunday- just the three of us! Here she is sitting with all of her presents, and trying to take her hat off...

I thought this was a darling picture of her giggling- and showing her teeth. She has two on the bottom and two on top, but they are both on the right side so it looks off-centered. She's getting close to having the other two top ones come in though!
We got one good picture of her in the cute dress and hat that my mom gave her, and the next second the hat came off.
We forgot to take pictures of what was inside the presents, but Paul's going to try posting videos of her unwrapping them. She loves her puzzles from the Rumsey grandparents and the tractor we gave her! We also gave her a little laptop since she is constantly trying to play with ours.

We made a chocolate brownie for her cake...we'll tell you more about that fun experience when we post the videos.
All ready to dive in! (gotta love the big belly) And this is as close as we got to her wearing her birthday crown.
It was fun to celebrate with her and to think of the last year. She has changed so much and it's so much fun to play with her and to see her fun personality. Her favorite thing right now is to press all of the buttons on my phone and then to hold it up to her ear and talk to dad. She hangs up on grandma at least 5 times daily because anytime I'm on the phone, she takes over and quickly finds the end button. She pulls herself up on everything but hasn't really stood by herself or walked yet. I'm thinking we really need to get over the phobia of shoes before she walks or it will be a problem any time we go outside... and she actually seems to be getting worse in this area instead of better. She gets hysterical if we try to put them on her, and she even cries & screams when we have shoes on and tries to pull them off. Even the feet of her pj's have started bugging her so we have to hide them with a blanket when she's awake. She is so sweet though and I love her little hugs, and the way she pats my shoulder or back when I hold her. I'm excited for the next year and all it holds for her!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

wow! she's a year old already!? time is flying...too fast for my liking.