Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Green is my new favorite color...

I've realized how much I hate dirt. Especially Idaho dirt. It gets tracked all over the house, turns to clay-mud after every rain and then covers your shoes, it's constantly in our eyes since it's always windy here, and it's ugly! Since moving in, we've been busy working on our yard- starting with the patio in the back. Paul worked hard while I was out of town doing all of this:

And here is the finished product!! Kinda hard to see in the bright sun but we've loved it so far- someday we may even have a BBQ grill out there!
Our next project was to tackle the front yard. It started like this:
Paul's brother Justin visited and helped us to level the ground and get the hundreds of rocks out
After lots of work the front looked like this: And finally like this:

Oh grass is just so wonderful! Green is such a bright, warm, pretty color and I love seeing it all around our house. We haven't done the back yet but for now we're taking a break from the hard work and enjoying what we've gotten done so far. Our great neighbors have helped a lot along the way which we greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Ben and Ash said...

Wow Tiff!! The patio and the front grass look so awesome!! You are making me want to have a home......I love it!

Emily Robison said...

wow! This looks awesome! The patio looks great and I love the new grass! I just realized that you are in Idaho Falls. My husband and I live in Rexburg! We should get together!!!