Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cousins!

The day Lyla and I came home from the hospital, we spent some time with the Grossarth cousins before they had to leave!! Cute little Kaitlyn kept reaching out to Lyla and trying to console her. She didn't take her eyes off her the whole time we were together!

I can't believe how much babies change in 5 months!! Kaitlyn is so big compared to Lyla!!

Fun pic of the girls!! Lyla was tired of all of the attention and the bright flashes by this point!I can already tell that Kaitlyn will be a great older cousin! They are going to be best friends!

Grandma with the cute girls.

Grandma was brave enough to hold all three grandchildren. It was pretty hilarious trying to keep them all happy at the same time- Jackson was good as long as we constantly handed him marshmallows.
Jeanne and the kids left the next day and it was such a hard goodbye for me!! We had so much fun over Thanksgiving and then hanging out the week before Lyla was born. I almost feel like Jackson and Kaitlyn are my own kids and I could barely handle kissing them goodbye. I've felt so close to Jeanne as she's helped me through this transition to being a mom and I cried for days after she was gone. Definitely not a good idea to mix crazy post-pregnancy emotions with the normal depression of saying goodbye!! Can't wait until the next visit from my favorite family!

3 comments:

Mary Susan said...

Your little girl is BEAUTIFUL!

Grossarths said...

Oh we miss you guys! Its was fun to skype last night. Don't let Lyla grow okay? Love ya.

Mary Beth said...

What adorable pictures! I love the ones with your mom, and with the two girlies side by side- they do grow so fast don't they! I wish we could somehow stop that part... Hope you're doing well and beginning to adjust! Wish we were closer! Love ya!

Mary