Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Monday, November 16, 2009

Baby Showers!

My cute friends and my amazing mom threw an incredible baby shower for me, as well as a mini-shower for the "roommates". The old group of us girls got together at Allison's condo for brownies & chatting like the good old days. It was great to see everyone! Here are a few pics:
Allison gave me adorable Italian shoes and then two great shirts- one that says i'm gonna grow up to be a tax accountant like mommy and one that says I'm one cute tax deduction- both perfect for the nerdy accountant in me!!
My mom is the most talented hostess I've ever seen- she knows how to plan a completely perfect event!! She spent days getting food and decorations ready for the shower- my favorite was the pink and brown cake that she made. It was her second time ever using fondant and it was incredible!! It looked better than my wedding cake! Pretty sure she could get paid the big bucks if she wanted to!

We had fun cooking some things together- I love doing anything with my mom who has become one of my best friends in the last few years!! She had the perfect idea of making cranberry muffins since they are my very favorite!

The girls in the family- my gorgeous sisters have been so supportive and excited through the pregnancy. I love seeing Alyssa & Cassidy often and just wish Jeanne & Kaitlyn could have been here for the shower! Jeanne has given me advice on a daily basis whenever I start to freak out about some aspect of labor or being a mom- I definitely would be lost without her!!
I love the diaper cake!!

Paul and I snuck a picture in before the shower started- he's been such a support through everything and is so patient with my emotions and my complaining and my tiredness!!
My supportive extended family made a huge effort to come even though some had to drive quite a bit!! My grandma, Aunt Joyce, and cousins Jill, Jennifer, & Kaisi were so fun to have there!! They have all been great examples to me and give me the energy to keep going when I get overwhelmed with the busyness of life!

My cute "roommate" friends! They all helped so much with the shower- the invites, games, decorations, etc. They thought it would be funny to take a pic with each of them touching my belly.
Alyssa & my mom spent hours sewing a darling pink and brown baby blanket- I love it and really appreciate their hard work!! They are so thoughful even though they are both extremely busy!

My mom gave me my blessing dress for Lyla to be blessed in- I'm so grateful that she saved it all this time!

My cousin Megan Sidwar has been a fun friend over the last few years and I've loved watching her cute family grow. It was fun to see her and I appreciated her help at the shower!! Paul's cute aunt Areta drive from Kaysville which was so sweet!! It was so much fun to see her and Paul's great Aunt Areta as well! They are both so supportive!
My mom has such sweet friends in her ward! Emily Hair, Colette Tervort, and Sarah Bradford are a few of the many who have made me feel welcome even though I'm not in the ward any more.

My amazing co-workers!! All of the girls I work with including Katie Rohbock, Candace Lish, and Katie Barnette have become such great friends!! I guess that's what happens when you spend 80+ hours in an office together some weeks!! We did recruiting at BYU together the day of the shower so they were wearing our EY shirts. I couldn't believe that they would go to the effort of coming to the shower- so sweet!! I'm really going to miss them when I'm on maternity leave!
I love the BYU ward we are going to and all of the sweet friends we have made!! These girls are all so amazing and I learn so much from them on a daily basis! I'm really going to be sad when we all separate in the next few months but it gives me hope of the amazing people I will find no matter where Paul and I end up!
Thank you to everyone who helped with the showers and who supported them by coming!! Where would we be in life without friends and family who constantly show their love and support? I have been feeling so grateful for the kindness of those around me and the many thoughtful things people do and say- it makes such a difference!!

5 comments:

Allison Murray said...

your child is going to look great in all that pink and brown!

Emily said...

Wow! Your shower looked amazing. The decorations and food were so nice. Your mom is amazing!

Candace said...

i adore your blog! and your shower was so much fun. the pics make you look way more pregnant than you are, really. congrats!

Grossarths said...

Cute, cute and incredibly CUTE! What a fun shower. I missed being there but can't wait to see you in a couple days!

Sarah said...

Exciting update! We're so excited for you and Paul and don't worry - everything is going to go SO well and you'll just be so happy!! (and tired, of course!)
I didn't know you worked with Candace - we were in Italy on a study abroad a while ago - small world!