Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Paul's birthday!!

Paul turned 24 last Saturday and we had a great weekend together!! On Friday night we went to eat at Texas Roadhouse- yummy!! I think I gained 5 pounds from the rolls but they were worth it!! We then went home and spent the evening watching Smallville and relaxing which was so nice after several busy weeks!! I was feeling overwhelmed with baby things which were lying all over the condo instead of organized in any way, so Paul was sweet enough to say he wanted to spend part of the evening going thru everything. It really was fun to evaluate what we have and what else we'll need. On Saturday I tried to decorate with streamers although I didn't get very far since it required me to stand on a chair...a difficult balancing act at this point. I made waffles for breakfast and then we ran lots of errands getting Christmas decorations and some of the baby things we still need.

We then splurged on some Taco Bell :) and then spent the afternoon relaxing at our place. It's so nice when we don't have millions of things to do on a Saturday!!

We decided it would be fun to have a few friends over to celebrate the day, and Paul requested that we watch Superman since it's his favorite hero. He wanted brownies and I did my best to make them festive...

I do realize that the correct superman symbol is red, not purple but we discovered that red food coloring doesn't actually look red, no matter how much you use!! It was yummy though and we had a fun evening.

On Sunday we had an amazing dinner with my family- Paul's request of ribs, au gratin potatoes, salads, and wheat rolls. We ate in the formal dining room which is quite the honor- way to go Paul!! He opened his presents and then we had dessert.

He requested cheesecake so my mom and I made one with a chocolate crust and raspberry sauce. I wish I had some right now! Here's the group shot- minus dad who was taking it.
Happy birthday my love!! Thanks for being so easy to please and for choosing to spend your big weekend with me!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday, Paul!
You did an amazing job on the brownies and cheesecake. They look so good!
It make me excited to see your parents' Christmas tree in the background!

Grossarths said...

Wow Tiff, that superman cake looks amazing! I'm glad it was a fun weekend for Paul. Can't wait to see you guys!