Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rants

So I've decided that one of the greatest inventions of this decade is the Podcast. I no longer have to drive 45 minutes to and from work in Holliday without boring myself to death or being frustrated with other drivers. Now I get my sports fill by listening to ESPN podcasts while on the road, and I've really come to enjoy it. One of my favorites is ESPN's "Baseball Today" show, where they discuss the comings and goings of the MLB.

Since last year's flop by the Seattle Mariners, I've had to endure a lot of criticism as a die-hard fan. It's hard listening to the podcasts and hearing things like: "The Mariner's beat the Padres yesterday, but nobody cares about that game." Well, that all changed when the Mariner's beat the LA Dodgers in LA (arguably the best team in baseball right now) and took the series 2-1 with the two wins coming in at 5-1 and 4-2. I was so excited to listen to my podcasts on Monday morning and hear some positive things about my boys in Seattle as they're really putting together a pretty good season. Then, nothing. They said nothing.

So I wrote in to the show and gave them my rant via email. The surprising part- they read it on the show and gave some good analysis! Here's the link

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?id=4296734

So, check it out! My part starts at about the 18:50 mark and goes for about 2 minutes or so.

2 comments:

Steve Hale said...

you should say "took the series 2-1 not 2-3" haha just busting your chops

Paul said...

True - I'll fix that...haha.