Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Tax Day!!!!

Could this day really be here? The day I've dreamed of for months? The day my life is returned to me??? As with many looked-forward to events, it all seems rather anti-climatic. Shouldn't there be something incredible going on to mark this momentous occasion such as fireworks going off or our clients doing something to recognize our many sacrifices on their behalf? Instead I drove to work in a rain storm which made the commute long, I'm feeling physically drained despite the 8 hours of sleep I somehow managed to get, and my head feels like it's spinning out of control. I've realized that there comes a point where you have accumulated such a huge deficit of sleep that no attempts of catching up will ever leave you feeling rested. Despite these unpleasant feelings however, I'm so extremely ecstatic to have reached this day and to have a wonderful summer up ahead! Let me share the statistics from this busy season:

Latest night in the office: Left at 3:30, home at 4:15, left home at 7 to return to the office
Longest day worked: 20 hours
Most hours in one week: 85.4
Longest tax return prepared: the federal return alone was 1,657 pages and yes I had to look at every single page!! I could have read the Book of Mormon 3 times!! On top of that there were 27 state and city returns.

Overall I must say I've learned a lot and busy season has gone by quickly. I know I would have had a nervous breakdown along the way without an amazing, patient, and supportive husband who picked up the slack for me when I wasn't able to get to everything. Thanks Paul- love you!!

3 comments:

Grossarths said...

You're such a good writer. How come I didn't get those genes? Yea for you. Go celebrate!

Allison Murray said...

you forgot to mention how fun it was to see me for ten minutes that day!

Tiffany said...

how could I forget??? One of the highlights was seeing Allison for more than 10 minutes!! Everything was better after that! :) (Thanks for commenting Al, even though it was boring with no pictures)