Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's my age again? What's my age again...

I submit to you that one of the worst experiences in life is getting sick. I have a slight case of allergies that kicks in for a few weeks in the beginning of spring, so I chalked up my stuffy nose and red eyes to my annual fun. Then, during our basketball game I felt a loss of energy and quite a bit weaker, which had half to do with the most annoying team I've ever played in intramural basketball. Actually, the most annoying team I have ever played. Period. Let me enlighten you on some of our intellectually stimulating conversation:

After being bullied in the paint by a 6'4" man weighing in at 225 lbs I felt a little abused, but happy that I had prevented him from scoring. Said Behemoth then decides to complain to the referees, saying that I "was shoving him around." Somebody explain to me how the stick figure that is me was able to bully around a giant. So I responded with, "Seriously? You're a big boy!" To which he so smartly replied, "Your Mom's big!" ....This so called man had his wife and 2 year-old toddler at the game, yet I felt like he had just graduated the fifth grade. I tried not to laugh, and then considered how ridiculous we can all act in sports games. Did man really evolve from a cave man? I now have more reasons that suggest that we have not evolved at all.

No comments: