Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Friday, February 13, 2015

5 year old Lyla

Lyla's birthday week was of course very anticipated. This girl was so excited to turn 5 and to celebrate many times. She requested her favorite foods for several meals, did her favorite activities, got our traditional book and free treat from Barnes & Noble, and of course had a Frozen party. Lyla talked about a Frozen party for 10 months, and then a few weeks before tried to change to a Sheriff Callie party. But luckily that only last a few hours because I already had everything for the party. Lyla is becoming such a sweet, motivated girl. She still has extremely strong feelings on many things and we work through intense meltdowns frequently. But she can be so thoughtful- surprising me by dusting the living room (the job I hate doing most), or unloading the dishwasher before I even ask to surprise me. She loves learning- she's memorized primary talks, several Articles of Faith, a few paragraphs from the Living Christ. She recently learned to ride her bike without training wheels, tie a shoe, and sleep through the night without a pull-up (yay!!!). During naptime/quiet time she and I read a few verses from the Book of Mormon together and she's always begging me to keep reading so she can hear what happens next. I am often learning from my sweet daughter and I love the tender moments I get to spend with her. Her enthusiasm for life is so inspiring to me. 



Kjerstin made her this amazing Anna costume which she loves!!

Lyla has so great friends and she loved sharing her birthday with them. So fun!!







'


No comments: