Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Saturday, June 30, 2012

My little ray of sunshine

My sweet mom agreed to take a family picture for us when she visited a few weeks ago, and of course we had to get some of Lyla while we were in the mood.


My little princess drives me crazy some times with her constant whining, questions, disobeying, and mess-making. But she also is my helper, gives the best hugs and kisses, sings and dances with me all day, makes me laugh whenever I need to be cheered up, and is the best friend I could ever ask to spend every day with. Her sweet, innocent "Be happy, mom" frequently reminds me of the many reasons I have to love every minute of my life. She is always trying to copy what I do and I want to be the very best example possible for her.
I love so many things about my little munchkin:

-the way she loves dressing up and shows her pretty dresses or jewelry to anyone who will look
-the joy she finds in dancing
-her love of Trevor and how she does everything she can to make him laugh. When he cries she says "what's wrong, buddy boy?" in the sweetest, concerned voice
-how she squeezes her eyes shut when I sing to her at bedtime
I am grateful for the blessing of my Lyla in my life.

No comments: