Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Shoes & bows

Lyla has decided that she hates wearing shoes or socks which is going to make the freezing winter so much fun... She also can't handle having a bow or headband on her head. Paul held her hands in this picture to keep her from ripping it off. I'm not bitter at all that I spend hours making cute bows for her to wear and they only stay on for 2 seconds :)
Does anyone have any tricks for keeping either socks and shoes on her feet, or bows/hats on her head? I'm thinking we'll need to figure both of these out before we can go outside during the next few months.

4 comments:

Allison Murray said...

duct tape.

Melonee said...

Robeez are hard for them to get off themselves... might be worth a try! And with the bows, I've found that downgrading to smaller ones sometimes gets them to leave them alone because they are less noticable/distracting and lighter weight. The best tool is repetition though! Just keep putting the bows/socks/shoes on and hopefully she eventually leave them alone.

Good luck!

Emily said...

Danica did the same thing too! I agree with Melonee... smaller bows and repetition. You could try putting her in warm tights under her pants if she still takes off socks (or both so she gets used to still wearing socks).
With hair bows I started making them into clips that she could wear in her hair instead of on a head band and those stayed in a little longer. I would use those snap barrettes (the ones that you bend to close) and those stay in better too. You have to glue the flower/bow to the round part of the barrette.
Oh... also, though I'm sure you do this already, as soon as I put the flower in I'd distract Danica with something else and she'd forget I just put in a flower.
Good luck!

Tiffany Rumsey said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I've started putting tights on her and smaller bows and they have both worked- Yay! :)